This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Wall Street Journal reported that hospitals and regulators have done little to ensure emergency departments are ready to treat children, as only about 14% of ERs nationwide have been certified as ready to treat kids, or are children’s hospitals specializing in treating young patients. (Here’s where to find them in your city.)
- The 19th noted that parents of color, especially Black women, have reported discrimination in maternity care, but expectant parents lack tools to see where this happens.
- Romper listed five signs you have pelvic floor dysfunction and could benefit from physical therapy.
- NPR talked to the NYT’s Your Money columnist, Ron Lieber, who is also the author of The Price You Pay for College, about saving for your kids’ college education.
- LGBTQ Nation highlighted a new college degree program that focuses on queer leadership (story by our own Kate).
- Insider observed that kids in the U.S. have too many days off from school.
- Today’s Parent offered tips for effective communication with your child’s teacher.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “I’m Your Three-Year-Old Interior Designer and This Is Your New Home Makeover.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We featured the best sweater jackets for the office.
- We talked about “If I go missing” binders.
- We rounded up the best office chairs.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!