This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- ProPublica reported that a bipartisan group of lawmakers are hoping to advance a bill to fund stillbirth prevention.
- The New York Times noted that while drowning is the number one killer of young children, U.S. efforts to fix it are lagging.
- Disability Scoop reported that most states have failed to meet their obligations to serve students with disabilities — for multiple years in a row.
- The Wall Street Journal explained how to avoid financial missteps when sending your kids off to college.
- Parents shared that reading and math scores among 13-year-olds were dramatically lower during the 2022–23 school year than during the pre-pandemic years.
- The Washington Post reported that parents are suffering from anxiety and depression at roughly the same rate as teens, according to new research.
- Meanwhile, Romper shared an essay about the lasting effects on parents after a child’s NICU stay.
- Bustle shared an essay about the reckoning facing certain types of Christian mom bloggers.
- Your Laugh of the Week (eek, much needed after some of those stories) comes from Frazzled, with “Food and Drink Pairings for Sophisticated Children.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked readers to share their thoughts about using social media these days.
- We featured business casual workwear to check out in the NAS.
- We also featured beauty and workwear deals in the NAS.
- We shared a Personal Money Snapshot from an in-house counsel in an HCOL area.
- We asked readers what makes outfits, hair, and makeup look dated.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!