This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- A writer at The Washington Post detailed why nothing can prepare you for the transition from one kid to two.
- The Atlantic looked at the vicious cycle of helicopter parenting.
- Parents offered advice on helping kids dealing with sensory overload.
- The 19th reported that 2023 will likely be a big year in diaper legislation. (News we missed: The government launched the first-ever federally funded diaper distribution program in 2022.)
- Romper explained how important family dinners are — or not.
- The New York Times explained the value of kids being bored.
- PBS News Hour reported that Wisconsin’s governor signed off on a plan that increases school funding for 400 (!) years.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “A Camping Trip with Young Kids, As Imagined by Me Before Having Kids.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We answered a reader question about whether to make cookies for a visiting boss.
- We asked for more submissions for Personal Money Snapshots.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including a discussion on wearing leather to the office (or not) and a Personal Money Snapshot from a lawyer in D.C.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!