This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The New York Times highlighted the emotional toll on men struggling to become dads, which is often unacknowledged.
- Romper looked at why, though vasectomies are cheaper and safer than tubal ligations, they’re performed less often.
- WalletHub listed 2023’s best & worst states for working dads.
- Disability Scoop reported that some parents of students with disabilities who speak up on behalf of their kids say they are being charged with allegations of child abuse or neglect.
- The Washington Post looked at the issue of whether to disclose your neurodivergent child’s diagnosis.
- NPR noted that “anti-dopamine parenting” can curb kids’ cravings for screens or sweets.
- Meanwhile, Psychology Today explained ethe challenges of parenting for those with people-pleasing tendencies.
- Momspreading shared an unexpected tip for family travel this summer: “Don’t forget to embrace the suffering.”
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “A Day in the Life of a Woke Third-Grade Teacher, As Imagined by a Far-Right Politician.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- The Hunt rounded up the best shorts and the best backpacks for work.
- We asked readers whether the pandemic has changed their thoughts on retirement.
- We talked about the best icebreakers for work.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!