Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Wirecutter advised how to set up a remote learning space for your kids.
- Gen published an essay by a mom called “America Doesn’t Care About Mothers.”
- The Washington Post explained how to help kids with separation anxiety when they return to school.
- Good Morning America highlighted how a special education teacher made remote-learning work stations for her kids.
- CNBC reported that kids with asymptomatic coronavirus infections may have active virus in their bodies for weeks.
- Vox’s The Goods looked at the dumbbell shortage in the U.S.
In Other News…
- At The Lily, a mom-to-be wondered why maternity activewear options are so limited.
- The Mom Project suggested how to add a career pause to your LinkedIn profile.
- BabyCenter reviewed the many obstacles to breastfeeding that Black mothers face. (Did you know it’s Black Breastfeeding Week?)
- CNN reported that the AAP says realistic active shooter drills can traumatize children and recommends that schools stop running them.
- Insider noted that a new study found that newborn Black babies are three times more likely than white babies to die in the hospital when their doctors are white.
- The Society of Women Engineers’ blog asked working moms in engineering to pick the best STEM toys.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s: Frog and Toad Tentatively Go Outside After Months of Self-Quarantine.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- Kat shared comfortable shoes from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and the most-bought items in the NAS.
- We featured four of the best shave clubs for women.
- We did an open thread on being supported by your boss while working from home.
- We talked about the best office supplies to get for yourself.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!