This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Hartford Courant looks at the (apparently) growing trend of elaborate maternity photo shoots.
- Colorlines reports on Butchbaby & Co., a startup that makes maternity clothing for those who present as masculine or agender.
- A mom writes an open letter to mothers of toddlers, in The Huffington Post.
- New York magazine has an essay on the experience of having a baby and immediately being assigned the generic and inadequate label of MOM. (A key point is that the word is not “mother”).
- The Toast shares an essay about an expecting mom’s response to people telling her that they hope her baby will be a girl.
- The New York Times reports on a new study that looks at maternal depression — not just in the postpartum period, but before the baby arrives.
- PopSugar Fitness has some tips for staying on track with those new year’s healthy-eating resolutions.
- Liberating Working Moms gives advice about trying to keep a clean home in a household where both parents work.
Do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- Kat answered readers’ questions about how to make shoes last longer and whether or not to respond by email to older colleagues who still fax.
- We talked about the everyday red lipstick.
- Kat wrote about friending your boss on Facebook.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!