This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus News & Resources
- The Washington Post noted that Walmart customers are buying shirts more than pants right now. (After all, on the internet no one knows that
you’re a dogyou’re wearing dog-print pajama pants.)
- Above the Law has been reporting extensively on the pandemic’s effect on the legal field, including layoffs, law school developments, and more. (Related: We were happy to hear that founder David Lat was released from the hospital on Wednesday after an ICU stay for complications from coronavirus.)
- WAMU looked at the impact of daycare closures on providers and parents.
- The New York Times published an article with the excellent headline “‘I Feel Like I Have Five Jobs’: Moms Navigate the Pandemic.”
- The New York Times also gave advice to parents of kids with disabilities who aren’t receiving school services.
- USA Today highlighted the educational opportunities now available on TV, including offerings from PBS and WGBH in many cities.
- The New York Times shared a peek at the life of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, whose wife has been quarantined from the rest of the family after testing positive.
- Forbes featured a coloring book about coronavirus that is designed to help kids cope.
- Apartment Therapy got real about the toilet paper shortage.
In Other News…
- Fashionista asked some of their favorite fashion people to share their most loved books.
- Family activity time! TIME shared examples of responses to the Getty Museum’s tweeted art challenge.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The Onion, which has exciting news on the release of Mulan.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We featured a big list of 30 random work-from-home tips.
- We asked: keep, ditch, change — how does your current life compare to your regular life?
- We shared 3 of the best websites and apps for online therapy.
- We suggested 6 ways to stay connected during social distancing.
- We took a look back in Corporette history.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!