Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Harper’s Bazaar provided details about a summer collaboration with Stitch Fix and body-positive fashion blogger Katie Sturino.
- Skift discussed CBD oil-based beauty products, and where to find them.
- Refinery 29 shared 15 skin-care items that are pregnancy-safe.
- Refinery 29 also explained why so many women are going freelance after they have children.
- CNBC shared career advice from Mika Brzezinski, founder of Know Your Value, a platform to help women get ahead in the workplace.
- The Atlantic discussed how some families are being run like businesses.
- The New York Times shared how to start an online moms’ group for emotional support.
- The New York Times also explained why children still need to have fun while playing sports.
- The Washington Post also took a look at why avoiding anxiety probably makes it worse.
- The Washington Post also reported Toys R Us is back — but not how you remember it.
- Essence shared Serena Williams’ reaction to critics of her activism, who say she should pay more attention to playing tennis: “The day I stop fighting for equality and for people that look like you and me will be the day I’m in my grave.”
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s shared a preschooler’s guide to managing a personal assistant.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared some of the top things Corporette readers bought in June 2019.
- We continued our series The Money Snapshot with a 23-year-old web developer and designer.
- We took a look into the Corporette time capsule.
- We offered three Amazon Prime-exclusive brands for workwear.
- We provided our top picks for work for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!