Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Business Insider suggested what not to wear to the office this winter, including a few helpful tips from Kat.
- Writing for Medium, a money coach and author — and self-made millionaire — outlined how much paid help she has at home.
- Romper listed options for cute gender-neutral clothes at Target.
- Huffington Post shared the best beauty gifts for new moms — might be helpful if you want to treat yourself or drop a couple hints!
- Newsday offered advice from a panel of female CEOs: “Always keep a toe in the game,” even after having children.
- Working Mother shared six signs that might mean your workplace is biased against working moms.
- Working Mother also offered options for baby monitors.
- The CBC reported that climate change is affecting couples’ decisions on whether to have children.
- The Washington Post featured a lawyer’s experiences with pumping in various situations.
- NPR reported that a recent study shows the tried-and-true prescription for bed rest might not always be best for expecting mothers.
- WGN TV reported that a mom running for office was told she couldn’t use campaign funds for childcare expenses — and she’s not the only one.
- Another mom writing for Medium asked why there aren’t any good smartphone options for kids.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Huffington Post shared Jon Stewart’s funny and earnest quotes about parenting.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We discussed whether you can choose to be happy.
- We took a look back in the Corporette time capsule for previous posts.
- We explained how to change your name at work.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!