- The Washington Post talks about the ways that many parents are unprepared for the life changes that take place when you welcome a newborn. Also in the Post, a mother explains — after being questioned and criticized repeatedly — why she didn’t (and couldn’t) breastfeed.
- Work/life balance? Fortune explains the idea of the work/life mashup (h/t to The Broadsheet).
- Above the Law has the story of a lawyer whose motion for continuance was denied — her client’s immigration hearing was scheduled on a day during her maternity leave. She ended up bringing her weeks-old baby to the hearing, which brought a harsh scolding from the judge, who had denied the motion due to “no good cause.”
- Abigail Raminsky writes for Medium about the reasons for — and the consequences of — keeping pregnancy a secret until the risk of a miscarriage has decreased.
- Time looks at a new study that shows how family meals can affect kids’ diet and weight.
- Gothamist has a piece by the mother of a four-year-old about an altercation that took place when she and her daughter were sitting on a NYC bus.
- Working Mother rounds up some great fall reads, including new books from Ian McEwan, Amy Poehler, and Lena Dunham.
- Photo Book Girl tells you about the best deals for photo cards this holiday season.
Do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We talked about wearing fitness trackers and smartwatches at the office and about wearing a sheath dress + jacket for interviews.
- Kat shared her picks from the Jones New York and ShopBop Friends & Family Sales.
- We took a look back into Corporette history.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!